Its true we all love our pets, and we don’t mind taking them into our beds with open arms. Well, this can lead to an accident that means he can pee on the bed, and we need to carefully handle that as its different from a human baby accident. Therefore if you come across a mess from your lovable furrier family members, then I encourage you to have no fears. Hence there are lots of options available to eliminate stains and urine odors. Although each system has its own pros and cons, the solutions really work on multiple surfaces.
Basically, urine (humans, cats, and dogs) are made of uric acid crystals and look like yellowish in color. So, if your child and pet’s urine on the mattress needs to clear as fast as possible, if you don’t clean instantly, the stain may set in the clothes or mattress, and in adverse cases, you may need to change the sheets. So, to get rid of the accident, don’t be judgmental as the danger of urine in the mattress is huge. So, just completely grossed out by tell-tale splotches, and it’s better to know how to get urine out of a mattress when dry. Truly the steps are very easy to follow. So let’s check out these easy steps and know how to get pee out of a mattress in 5 different ways.
- How to Organize a Room with Too Much Stuff
- 12 Essential Safe Cleaners List In Home With Cats
- The Best Way to Clean Weathertech Mats
What You Need
Before you get started on how to get cat pee out of mattress, here is a quick disclaimer. Make sure you test a small and unobstructed area near to your bed or mattress and dousing the affected area with a perfect cleaning solution. My mentioned product will not spoil your mattress. So, collect all the materials I mentioned and start experimenting on how to get dog smell out of the mattress.
For doing 5 tests, you will need:
- An empty spray bottle.
- Hydrogen peroxide.
- Baking soda.
- Liquid dishwashing powder or soap.
- Vacuum cleaner etc.
How to Get Urine Out of a Mattress When Dry
How To Clean Fresh Wet Urine From A Mattress
- When you woke up from the bed and got a gift from your pet snuck into your bed last night, you should feel no wonders. If you don’t know how to deal with this wet condition, you can follow mine below steps. But if the accident had already set up and dry quickly, jump into my second suggestion for a heavier method. But if things are still wet, you have a pretty good chance to permanently fix it.
- For this, you need baking soda, white vinegar, a few towels, and, if possible, a vacuum cleaner to dry-up your bed. First, remove all the beddings and clothes that get wet and get it into the detergent wash right away.
- Before start, washing dilutes some white vinegar with the water and make a mixture of 50 ml bottle. Spread over the bedding as soon as possible.
- Then grab a towel and blot the liquid tightly. Don’t scrub here as there is a chance to get the urine even more-darker in color and further into foam mattress to make it harder to clean.
- One you blotted all the moisture liquid away, spray white vinegar mixture in the affected area frequently and continue it to excess out all the liquid blot away of how to dry a mattress.
- After that, cover the whole area with baking soda and open for 8-10 hours for dry-up.
- You can also prefer using a vacuum cleaner to dry-up the area fast. But if you see the stain and odor remains, again do all the steps repeatedly until all the stains remove from the mattress.
So, use this and see the magic of how to get urine out of memory foam mattress full of surprise.
How To Clean Dry Urine From A Mattress
- If the pee-stained mattress becomes dry and you miss taking the necessary actions immediately, you might need a heavier cleaning solution, so lift the heavier damage. But I advise you not to worry. Because you can still use household items that easily grabbed and quickly running out the stains.
- When you first discover the dry pee stain, take a spray bottle, and make a mixture with the following ingredients:
- 8 oz HO or hydrogen peroxide.
- 3 tbs of baking soda.
- 2-3 drops of liquid dishwasher or detergent.
- 2-3 drops of Lavender essential oils to leave the sweet smell.
- Mix all the ingredients, including OxiClean on mattress urine stains, and swirls it a few times instead of shaking well.
- Spray or apply in all dry urine areas and make sure you sprayed everywhere evenly.
- Then let the mixture become dry in the affected area, and you will observe a layer of the baking area after dried completely.
- If not, wait till that, and if you have a vacuum cleaner, vacuum the rest of the residue and clean the area. That’s all.
- You can repeat the process more frequently until the spots and odor got disappear totally. Here one tip is you keep the mixture as long as possible so that you don’t need to repeat the process again and again.
Use vacuum or air dry and brush:
Sometimes only using a vacuum or air dry the area works well. Without applying any other mixture, simply vacuum the wet area to dry fast and then brush the rest of the residue if it exists. Usually, you won’t get any pee smell, but if it exists, you need to apply the powder formula. Here one thing is to remember that if the urine deeply penetrated into the mattress and create an odor, then you must call a professional cleaner to clean the area until it gets completely exhausted. You may also need to replace the mattress even if it destroys entirely with urine. So, to avoid that, you can try out simple vacuuming formula above all cleaning options.
Use an Enzymatic Cleaner:
Like any pets or human, pee contains crystals; sometimes, it’s not easy for DIY to break down the crystals as you can use it just for a regular formula. Not for eliminating any lingering odor. Whereas there are different enzyme-based cleaner are available works wonder and safely removers all the stains and lingering odors within first wash itself. So, just use an enzymatic cleaner to neutralize the odor. As pets have a strong sense of smell, they will keep urinating in the same place, again and again, thinking that this is their potty place. so, you can use an enzyme cleaner to clean the lingering odor.)
Using a waterproof mattress pad:
If your mattress smells like urine, you can also use a waterproof mattress. Although you need to invest here, it will perform above your expectations. It will not get leak easily and provide you right urine protection in bed to feel new and fresh always. So, if you are seriously worried about the accident and don’t know how to cleaning properly, purchasing a waterproof mattress would be the best solution for you.
Finally, urine stain and odor is always a hassle, but it does not mean the end of the pet’s life. With a little bit of consciousness, and by using my mentioned products, you can easily adjust with the awkward stain and odor just within a few hours.